Sunday, June 12, 2011

Banana Ice Cream - YES!

What a glorious weekend!!
The weather was beautiful, I slept in both mornings and did a whole lot of NOTHING; if you don't count cleaning, cooking, watching movies and reading... which I don't.

I use the term "cooking" lightly, mostly, husband & I prepared food but didn't actually cook much.

Yesterday we had leftover couscous and salad from the night before and husband grilled up some asparagus... delish! Today we had veggie sushi, I'll do a whole other post on that at some point.
No photo's right now, sorry!

I also whipped up (literally) some banana ice cream.
A friend of mine mentioned a few weeks ago that she had made banana "ice cream" and it intrigued me, because we are totally addicted to rice dream ice cream, and so delicious ice cream and it's soooo expensive!

So I figured I would try making it and if it turned out ok, then we'd have a MUCH cheaper alternative to the ice cream we usually buy. I made it, we loved it, now I want to eat it all the time! lol

Here's some photo's from my first attempt.

You know there's a camp song that we used to sing that this reminds me of...

"Peel bananas, peel, peel bananas..."


"Slice bananas, slice, slice bananas..."

The rest of the song goes like this...
"smoosh bananas, smoosh, smoosh bananas..."
"GO BANANAS, GO, GO BANANAS!"
And you jump around like an idiot

But that's not what I did... I froze the bananas then I blended them


Here's a shot inside the blender... starting to look ice creamy...

I decided to add a little honey


 Yum...

And some cashews for good measure




Blended just a little bit more and dumped it in a bowl to freeze for a while longer


But I couldn't wait so I didn't leave it in there very long,
it was more like soft serve than anything.. but soooo delicious!



I took a few pictures... husband was like "umm... can you please stop taking pictures, so that I can actually eat this stuff?"
hahaha

There was still lots left, so I put it in the freezer and it got nice and hard (just like ice cream!) there was enough for a few more servings! Alas, I didn't get a picture of it (camera died) but it looked the same, just darker.

Next time I'm going to try adding some peanut butter! Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment