Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Hello folks,
Thanks for checking out my blog.
I've been throwing the idea around of starting a blog for a while now, and when a friend of mine told me that she had started one I thought "why can't I do that?"
The answer was, there's no reason why I can't, I was the only thing stopping me!
So here it is, my attempt at blogging.

I was trying to choose a "theme" for my blog, but there were so many things I wanted to be able to touch on like delicious food, DIY projects, beauty in nature and things I just think are neat, then I realized that these are all things that make me happy. VoilĂ ! There's my theme.

It's kind of awesome actually, what a great opportunity this is to try to spread some joy; maybe someone out there in internetland will see this and decide to try out an awesome plant based recipe or choose to find the silver lining in a crummy situation, or maybe I'll be able to raise awareness about things that matter deeply to me, OR maybe no one will ever read this and at the very least it'll give me an opportunity to take a few moments for myself and try to focus on the goodness in life.
Either way, I think I'll get some joy out of this little project.

To close my first post (exciting!!) here are some things that make me smile.

Gabby Cat enjoying some of my smoothie
My kittens (yep, I'm totally one of those people who call full grown animals kittens and puppies) always bring me joy - even when they're being monsters (because when they're being bad they're still hilarious)



Living in Nova Scotia, makes me ultra happy. The weather has been a little crummy lately, but compared to other parts of Canada and the world, I really can't complain (although I might at some point...).

This is one of my favorite videos of all time.
Try not to laugh while watching this. I dare you.
If I'm feeling bummed out I throw this on and it never fails to make me laugh.

Partly because it reminds me a a camp game I used to play, the "HA HA game" (aptly named). We would lie on the ground with our head on the next persons stomach and the first person would say "HA", the next person would say "HA, HA", the next person would say "HA, HA, HA" and so on. The idea was to say it in a very serious tone and not laugh. If someone laughed, you had to start allover again. You couldn't even cheat with a silent laugh because someones head was on your stomach so they would feel it moving and they would start to laugh. Good times.

Well, that's if for me.
Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment